Well we’re off with the crowdfunding campaign, up to £540 this morning so still a fair way to go to reach the £4,000 we need for the project. It’s strange measuring ‘success’ by the amount of money given, I’ve spent my whole life doing precisely the opposite! Still struggling with the technological side of things. I have 2 laptops, 1 on it’s last legs but that will handle mod files (which is what my video camera produces) and edit text in word, the newer one (which has the advantage of working when you turn it on & has a battery that works so doesn’t have to be plugged in!) won’t do either of these things!!! I have managed to do a bit of video editing tho (with a little help from my friends) and our 1st ‘music video’ is now done.
Meanwhile, in Gambia the band are struggling with the last few days of Ramadan. The ‘fasting month’ is always particularly difficult for musicians as there is no work and therefore no money. We have mice in the place we store our instruments (not good for the string on the balafons or bolons) and termites in the place everyone sleeps (not good for anything!)